You can begin solo hunting at level 30+ if you have a hunting rifle. To hunt harder monsters such as the Blue Whale, you will need a high hunting level and at least one full party of players. Hunting can be profitable once you reach higher levels but it is very time consuming. Some cooking recipes also use whale meat which can only be collect by hunting.
HOW TO GET A HUNTING RIFLE
To get a hunting rifle, you can either buy it from the item market under the â€œprimary weaponâ€ tab, or you have to craft it yourself using a tool workshop.
If you are just starting out you will need to use the â€œHunting for Beginners Hand Canvasâ€ which requires Copper Ore x4 and Blackstone Powder x1. It will take approximately 20 minutes (worker speed 50). If you are unsure of how to get these crafting materials view our gathering guide.
Hunting rifles can be repaired by the blacksmith just like all other weapons.
WHERE TO HUNT
There are two types of monsters (which we are aware of) that you can hunt at low level:
- Small Whales â€“ These spawn alone and can drop many items such as blackstones, sockets, whale meat, seaweed and starfish. To hunt these you will need a boat, hunting rifle and a knife for tannery/slaughter.
- Crocodiles â€“ These spawn in packs of three and can drop blackstones, sockets and crocodile meat. To hunt these you will need a hunting rifle and a knife for tannery/slaughter.
If these areas are empty you can either check another area or wait 1 hour and they should re-spawn.
HOW TO HUNT
Once you have your hunting rifle and knife of tannery/slaughter, go to one of the locations above to search for your prey.
Equip your gun by right-clicking it then aim the cross-hair at the whale/crocodile. If the cross-hair is red you will have a chance of hitting and damaging the monster. It can take several minutes to kill them but you can crouch by pressing the SPACE key to higher your chances of getting a hit. You cannot jump, run or interact with objects while the hunting rifle is equipped.
When the whale/crocodile is killed, jump on top of them to receive the loot. Make sure you have your knife for tannery/slaughter equipped then press â€œRâ€ to collect. A knife for tannery will give you hide and a knife for slaughter will give you meat. Hunting in parties will not share EXP because you receive the hunting EXP when you loot the prey.
BLUE WHALE HUNTING
To begin hunting a Blue Whale you will need the following equipment:
- Hunting Rifle
- Knife for Slaughter
Additional equipment you may want to use (optional):
- Furtuna Luck 4 set â€“ Helm, chest, gloves, shoes
- Sockets â€“ Move speed +1 (shoes), Vision (helm)
- Food â€“ Leap of Insight, Elixir of Wind or Serendia Special
You will also need at least 2 fishing boats with one person driving each boat.
There are three locations where Blue Whales tend to spawn:
- Ballet North Sea â€“ Crohnâ€™s Island, Rusty waters, Ballet North Island, Olbia Waters, Arshavin Waters.
- Calpheon Sea â€“ John waters, Alumina waters
- Media Sea â€“ Shah waters
In the top right corner you can see a hunting rifle icon. If there is a red cross it means that there is a Blue Whale in the sea and you can use this to quickly find whales.
When a Blue Whale has been killed it will re-spawn again in approximately 24 hours.
To begin Bat hunting you will need the following equipment:
- Hunting Rifle
- Knife for Slaughter
Bat Hunting is similar to Blue Whale Hunting and requires a large group to kill them. The bat flies around quite fast so you will need to use your hunting rifle whilst on your horse.
The Bat tends to spawn in Mansha Forest or east of Trent Town. The following image shows the path that the bat flew around on a particular hunting session. It is said to take around 13 â€“ 15 minutes to kill.
Possible item drops (after using Knife for Slaughter):
- Fugitive the horn of calc â€“ ingredient used to create Elixir of Calc
- The epidermis of the fugitive calc â€“ ingredient used to create Elixir of Calc (Dame)
- Shiny nails Fugitive calc